We work with experienced partner organisations to test and certify sapphires using high-tech gem-testing instruments and methods that are in line with international standards.
Sri Lankan organisations can provide certifications within 24 hours:
- Gemological Institute of Colombo: The Gemological Institute of Colombo (GIC) tests and certifies coloured gemstones and diamonds using high-tech gem-testing instruments and methods conforming to international standards.
- National Gem & Jewellery Authority (Sri Lanka): The National Gem & Jewellery Authority of Sri Lanka implements strategies and policy priorities for the development of the gem and jewellery industry of the country.
International organisations can provide certifications within a few days:
- Gubelin Gemological Laboratories: Gubelin Gemological Laboratories is a world-respected authority on diamonds, coloured stones and pearls. The laboratory combines state-of-the-art analytical techniques, expertise and extensive practical skills to interpret gemmological data and provide certifications.
- Swiss Gemmological Institute: The Swiss Gemmological Institute (SSEF) provides independent expert advice in the field of precious stone analysis. The function of the SSEF laboratory is to analyse precious stones and issue test reports for diamonds, coloured stones and pearls.
- Gem Research Swisslab: Gem Research Swisslab (GRS) is an internationally active private gemmological research company. GRS has offices in Switzerland, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
- American Gemological Laboratories: American Gemological Laboratories (AGL) is an international gemstone testing facility specialising in comprehensive coloured gemstone analysis. AGL provides identification reports, detailed enhancement reports, country-of-origin or provenance reports, as well as complete coloured stone analysis documents.
- Gemological Institute of America: The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) is a leading world authority on diamonds, coloured stones and pearls. GIA seeks to protect all purchasers of gemstones by providing the education, laboratory services, research, and instruments needed to accurately and objectively determine gemstone quality.